Mahlako Financial Services (MFS) looks forward to participating in the two-day SAVCA Private Equity Conference 2022 in Western Cape from 25th to 26th May. Under year’s theme the “Fluidity”, SAVCA aims to highlight the changing landscape and the importance of flexibility, adaptability and resilience given what the industry has experienced over the last two years.
On Thursday 26th May, Co-Founder and Fund Principal at the Mahlako Fund Makole Mupita, will participate in the Infrastructure Debate: Team SA vs Rest of Continent where she and fellow debaters will engage in a robust debate about the infrastructure investment and return opportunities in South Africa vs rest of the continent. The key challenge for the teams – Can they convince the floor to ‘stay local’ or go north of the Limpopo?
The Mahlako Energy Fund’s geographic focus is South Africa, but MFS aims to cast its net wider for future Funds.
Along with Makole, MFS has fielded our excellence-driven team of experts including Co-Founder and Fund Principal , Meta Mhlarhi CA(SA); Mitesh Pema CA(SA), Fund Principal, and Kaelelo Mashilo CA(SA), Investment Associate who will engage and connect with the investor community.
There is a great deal that the agenda has on offer. Session highlights in line with our work include:
- A reflection of the current macro-economic environment and what is needed to ‘turn the tide’
- The Ebb and Flow of the Regulatory Environment
- Investing in the green economy, what are the opportunities, challenges and lessons learnt?
- The Fluidity Between Investing for Climate Change and Social Impact
- What is the Appeal of Specialised Funds?
We look forward to seeing you in Cape Town!